Jim White’s prolific career in the electrical field expanded across many decades with a particular focus on training, education, and safety. Jim was Vice President of Training Services at Shermco Industries, a NFPA Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional, a NETA Level 4 Senior Technician, and a dedicated and well-respected professional.
Jim’s contribution to the electrical industry was immeasurable, and he will be greatly missed. This Tech Quiz pays tribute to his life and accomplishments in the electrical industry.
- In which issue of NETA World did Jim write his first Tech Quiz?
a. Spring 2007
b. Winter 2004
c. Fall 2002
d. Summer 2005
- How many consecutive Tech Quizzes did Jim White author?
- In which branch of the United States Armed Forces did Jim White serve during the Vietnam War?
b. Air Force
d. Coast Guard
- Jim’s involvement with NETA began in what year?
- What technical committees was Jim a member of?
a. NFPA 70E, Electrical Safety in Workplace
b. National Electrical Code Code-Making Panel (CMP) 13
c. ASTM F18, Electrical Protective Equipment for Workers
d. NFPA 70B, Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance
e. All of the above
- In what year did Jim win the IEEE/IAS/PCIC Electrical Safety Excellence Award?
Virginia Balitski, CET, Manager – Training and Development, has worked for Magna IV Engineering since 2006. Virginia started her career as a Field Service Technologist and achieved NETA Level 4 Senior Technician certification. She has since dedicated her time to the advancement of training and safety in the electrical industry. She is a Certified Engineering Technologist through ASET – The Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta. Virginia is also current Vice-Chair of CSA Z462, Workplace Electrical Safety and is a member of the NFPA 70E, Electrical Safety in the Workplace Technical Committee and has been recently appointed to the NETA Board of Directors.