The best and brightest in electrical testing and maintenance lit up PowerTest 2020, the premier electrical power systems event. The annual five-day conference hosted over 500 attendees from February 24–28, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
PowerTest is the largest gathering of NETA Accredited Company representatives and industry professionals each year and is supported by companies committed to safety, reliability, and quality across the electrical power systems industry.
“Even in these uncertain times, the NETA community showed strong participation at PowerTest, proving the continued importance of sharing ideas, collaborating, and networking with other leaders and experts in the field,” says NETA Executive Director Missy Richard. “Our industry’s support at this year’s PowerTest helps us expand technical excellence, world-class programs, and consensus standards.”
The PowerTest agenda featured five days of educational and interactive sessions with an emphasis on idea-sharing and shaping the future of the electrical power systems industry. Electrical testing technicians, engineers, and managers from a cross-section of industries were represented and actively engaged in making PowerTest 2020 a success.
Highlights of the 2020 conference included:
- 298 unique companies represented over 5 days
- 27 detailed, 45-minute technical presentations by industry leaders
- 16 in-depth 4-hour seminars covering current topics and industry issues
- 30 presentations on the latest products and services from power systems leaders at the New Product Forum
- Keynote speaker David Sarkus shared seven principles to empower organizations to attain their vision for world-class safety and performance and revealed a set of global standards anyone can use to help improve ongoing safety-related attitudes, actions, and awareness. Sarkus is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with advanced degrees in safety management and organizational psychology and is the author of five books, including best-seller “The Safety Coach®: Unleash the 7 C’s for World Class Safety Performance!”
- Opportunities to earn CEUs and CTDs
Tuesday afternoon’s PowerTest Trade Show is an industry favorite, featuring over 60 top-tier vendors dedicated to providing PowerTest attendees with actionable, real-world solutions to everyday challenges.
Kick-Off Meetings Feature Peer Discussion and Latest NETA Updates
More than 120 NETA Accredited Company representatives, Alliance Partners, and Corporate Alliance participants gathered on Sunday, February 23, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago for NETA’s 2020 Annual Member and Alliance Meetings. The annual meetings are held on the Sunday before PowerTest and are the traditional kickoff to the conference each year.
NETA Member Meeting
A gathering especially for representatives and technicians from NETA Accredited Companies, the NETA Member Meeting brought reports from all sides of the association. From updates on membership and strategic initiatives to a review of program plans for the coming year, and recognition of volunteers and committee chairs, the meeting also included the nomination and election of officers.
NETA Member and Alliance Meeting
NETA Corporate Alliance and Alliance Partners were invited to join NETA Accredited Companies for the second half of the Member Meeting. Among other updates, participants also heard reports on industry activity from NETA technical representatives.
Throughout PowerTest week, a series of special events delivers opportunities for attendees to network and lay the groundwork for future collaborations. For upcoming Alliance Partner events, watch your inbox for emails from NETA and look for notices in NETA World. For additional information about the NETA Alliance Program or to enroll, visit