The best and brightest in electrical testing and maintenance lit up PowerTest 2019, the premier electrical power systems event. The annual five-day conference hosted 503 session and 575 trade show attendees from March 11–15, 2019, at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas.
PowerTest, the largest gathering of NETA Accredited Company representatives and industry professionals each year, is attended by those aligned in their commitment to continually improve safety, reliability, and quality across the electrical power systems industry.
“Part of what makes PowerTest the industry’s top event is the sharing of ideas, collaboration, and networking among leaders and experts in the field,” says NETA Executive Director Missy Richard. “We are so pleased to see the conference continue its upward growth trend over the last couple of years. This allows us to offer even more opportunities to promote technical excellence, world-class programs, and consensus standards.”
PowerTest’s technical agenda featured five days of educational and interactive sessions to facilitate the exchange of ideas and help shape the future of the electrical power systems industry by involving electrical testing technicians, engineers, and managers from a cross-section of industries reliant upon large power generation and distribution facilities.
- 314 unique companies represented over 5 days
- 27 detailed, 45-minute technical presentations by industry leaders
- 8 in-depth, 4-hour seminars covering current topics and industry issues
- 30 presentations on the latest products and services from power systems leaders at the New Product Forum
- 3 brand-new, all-day, offsite seminars featuring hands-on learning and tours of local industry-leading companies
- Keynote speaker Stacey Hanke, founder and owner of Stacey Hanke, Inc., and author of Influence Redefined: Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be, Monday to Monday
- Opportunities to earn CEUs and CTDs
In addition, attendees and local electrical power systems professionals took advantage of Tuesday afternoon’s PowerTest Trade Show, which featured more than 90 top-tier vendors whose mission is to provide PowerTest attendees with real-world solutions to their everyday challenges.
Kick-Off Meetings Feature Peer Discussion and Latest NETA Updates
More than 130 NETA Accredited Company representatives, Corporate Alliance Partners, and Alliance Partners gathered on Sunday, March 10, 2019, at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center for NETA’s 2019 Annual Member and Alliance Meetings. The annual meetings are held on the Sunday before PowerTest and serve as the kickoff to the conference each year.
NETA Member Meeting
The NETA Member Meeting, a gathering open only to representatives and technicians from NETA Accredited Companies, provides an update of NETA business. The agenda included membership updates, nomination and election of officers, recognition of volunteers and committee chairs, association news, and a review of program plans for the year.
Committee breakout sessions were included in the Member Meeting portion. The purpose of the breakouts was to create a dialogue between committees and the membership to generate feedback to improve committee initiatives moving forward. Each committee conducted a SWOT analysis, and feedback will be considered when planning for Fiscal Year 2020 and beyond. This ultimately supports the association’s long-term strategic plans.
NETA Member/Alliance Meeting
The NETA Alliance and Member Meeting takes place during the second half of the NETA Member Meeting. Alliance Partners and Corporate Alliance Partners are invited to join NETA Accredited Companies in the afternoon for roundtable discussions, technical reporting, and NETA updates.
Roundtable discussions hosted by nine of NETA’s Corporate Alliance Partners provided an exchange of information and ideas. Roundtable topics included:
- Simplified Ground Resistance Testing — AEMC
- The Value of Insulation Testing at 5, 10, and 15kV — AEMC
- Microprocessor-Based Relay Testing, Feeder Protection Course — AVO Training Institute
- Staying on Top of the Industry’s Constant Requirement Changes to Optimize the Performance and Reliability of Switchgear and/or Switchgear Components — BCS Switchgear
- The Size of the Aftermarket for GCBS Products and NETA Services — Group CBS
- Field Testing of Instrument Transformers — Megger
- Progression of Insulation Diagnostics — Megger
- Time Optimized Transformer Testing — OMICRON electronics Corp. USA
- Introducing Protec Connect — Protec Equipment Resources
- Monitoring Power Distribution Systems Using Low-Voltage Trip Units (Communications) — Utility Relay Company
- Cost-Effective On-Line Transformer Monitoring — WEIDMANN
Throughout PowerTest week, special events are designed to promote the exchange of ideas and information sharing. For upcoming Alliance Partner events, watch your inbox for emails from NETA and look for notices in NETA World. For additional information about the NETA Alliance Program or to enroll, visit www.netaworld.org/allianceprogram.
Save the Date: PowerTest 2020 in Chicago
Join NETA and leading electrical power systems professionals at the next premier industry conference February 24–28, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are available for companies seeking leadership visibility at the event. NETA’s industry partners are encouraged to reserve exhibit space and confirm sponsorships as soon as possible. Inquiries should be directed to Laura McDonald at 269-488-6382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.